Applications closed for Fall 2021 Co-op Intensive
Applications now open for Fall 2022 Co-op Intensive
- Bring a co-op in startup phase to a full draft business plan.
- Build relationships between core team members.
- Bring cooperators mentality more fully into cooperative mindset.
- Connect to further resources.
- Get a lot done while having a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
What is different about this co-op development experience?
- Many distance, or weekly class programs exist, but this one is an in person, intensive, 6 day residential program.
- Draws on the expertise of co-op developers and co-op members from MA and RI areas.
- Very tailored to fit the participants’ stages of development.
- Work hard, play hard: lots of hard business development work, but lots of fun too.
- Available in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
What will it look like?
- 6 day intensive, sleeping at Global Village.
- Food provided.
- Heavily subsidized costs for pilot to prove usefulness.
- Facilitated by Global Village, with guest outside facilitators.
- Some pre-reading required.
Application Process / selection process includes:
- Application form completed by deadline (5pm EST, March 15, 2022)
- Co-op business idea
- Stage of development
- About core members
- Connection to social movement
- Phone call to assess level of commitment and mission alignment
- Projects led by BIPOC, youth, formerly incarcerated, immigrants, poor and working class people
- Front line communities involved in social or environmental justice struggle
- Climate justice considerations in business idea
- Available to people throughout the US, but priority to MA and RI co-ops.
Give a major boost to you worker co-op business idea!
|DAY||CURRICULUM TOPICS||OTHER ACTIVITIES|
|Day 1||Intensive team building activities understanding identity, personality, leadership experiences|
Pre-Survey Photo with Status Chart
Uprooting capitalist mindset
|Obstacle course type activity depending on peoples’ abilities – team kayak challenge (across lake to an ice cream shop)|
Social evening activity
|Day 2||Shifting to solidarity and cooperation mindset|
Mini feasibility study
|1 hour horseback ride, bike ride, or trip to lake beach.|
|Day 3||Product/service – pivot or stay course?|
Co-op Structure and Decision making
Meeting culture and accountability
|Full moon fire ceremony|
|Day 4||Marketing – mini survey|
Financial projections intensive
|GeDo martial arts workshop|
Branding – design logo, preliminary website
Insurance, licenses, industry specific focus with industry expert
|Alone time on the farm or in the woods|
Evening dancing or music jam
|Day 6||Governance – begin bylaws/ 28 questions|
Business systems, initial job descriptions, hiring
Plan for incorporation (or file online if ready)Sign draft business plan or loan application!
Post-Survey Photo with Status ChartVideo Testimonials
|Relax: Sauna and/ or massages.|